Chocolate Caramel & Berry Baked Oats 🍓🍫
You voted in my stories and these baked oats were the result!
Here were the winners:
stovetop vs baked ✅
orange vs berries ✅
nut butter ✅ vs jam
sprinkles vs candy bar ✅
I originally planned to with my lastofoods chocolate & sea salt squeezable peanut butter, but the bottle is getting low (it’s my fave 🥲) and not squeezing out ✨aesthetically✨ anymore. So instead I used my go-to caramel recipe (aka mixing nut butter and maple syrup) to create the most most-watering caramel yet 🤤.
Tbh I’m a little disappointed sprinkles didn’t win, but I can’t be mad about being made top my oats with a giganticcandy candy bar 😋.
How do you think I did? I haven’t done one of these ers choose bowls in awhile, but they’re always fun to make 🥰.
🍓 Berry Baked Oats
– 1/2 cup (50g) oat flour/blended oats
– 1 Tbsp (7g) flax meal
– 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 banana, mashed (or sub 1/4 cup (60g) nondairy yogurt)
– 1/2 Tbsp (7ml) maple syrup, to taste
– 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup (80ml) nondairy milk
– 1/4 cup (8g) freeze-dried berries* traderjoes
*if subbing fresh or frozen berries, reduce nondairy milk to 1/4 cup (60ml)
– 2 tsp (10g) chocolate & sea salt peanut butter lastofoods / gifted
– 2 tsp (10ml) maple syrup
– hazelnut cafe bar giganticcandy (affiliate/use code notion)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together oat flour, flax meal, baking powder, and salt.
2. Make a well in the center and add the mashed banana, maple syrup, vanilla, and nondairy milk. Stir well to combine.
3. Fold in the berries.
4. Transfer to an oven-safe dish or ramekin.
5. Bake or air fry at 350F/175C for 17-20 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Let oats cool 5-10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together chocolate peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth to make chocolate caramel sauce.
8. Top with chocolate caramel and a chopped hazelnut cafe bar. Enjoy!