Red Bean & Matcha Shell Oats
I made myself a quick and easy treat for Christmas (though really I made this a day ahead so it was my Christmas Eve treat 🎅🏻).
I used yishifoods red bean berry oatmeal and lastofoods matcha almond butter for keep it festive. The almond butter came out a bit squiggly, but I think it gives it a Whoville vibe 💚.
❤️ Red Bean Berry Oatmeal
– 1/3 cup (40g) yishifoods red bean berry oatmeal gifted, use code plantnotion10
– 1/2 banana, mashed
– 1/3 cup (60ml) nondairy milk
– 2 Tbsp (30g) nondairy yogurt foragerproject
💚 Chocolate Shell
– 1 oz (30g) chocolate chips traderjoes
– 1 tsp (5ml) coconut oil
– matcha almond butter lastofoods gifted
– cranberries imperfectfoods
1. Combine red bean berry oatmeal, mashed banana, and nondairy milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until cooked.
2. Stir in nondairy yogurt.
3. Transfer to a serving dish. (A small to medium sized ramekin works best).
4. Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwave-safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
5. Pour chocolate evenly over the oats.
6. Drizzle on matcha almond butter over the chocolate. Dot with cranberries.
7. Place in fridge for 1-2 hours until chilled.
8. Crack in and enjoy!